By now, you’ve probably already heard about what a digital marketing agency can do for a business. But does yours need it?
The simple answer is: of course your business needs an agency’s help! In fact, 45% of small business owners in NZ say that ‘being online’ is the most effective route to growth — a great way to accelerate this growth is by finding a best-fit agency to help realise your goals.
If assembling your own in-house team is too pricey or tedious for you, then hiring an online marketing agency might be the way to go. Let’s begin with the basics, including the types of digital agencies you might need depending on your specific goals.
Common Types of Digital Marketing Agencies
- Inbound Marketing Agency. Inbound marketing agencies can help startups or small businesses to jumpstart their online marketing campaign, especially as most of them don’t have in-house marketing teams to do the work.
- PPC Agency. Digital ad agencies focus on keyword selection and targeting to be able to run effective digital ads across various platforms.
- SEO Agency. If SERP ranking is your top priority, then an SEO-centric agency would be right for you. Their team of SEO experts will work on keyword research, and use an arsenal of search engine tools such as Google Analytics or SEMrush to attain ranking goals.
- Social Media Agency. Websites aren’t the only ones that need to be optimised — your social media accounts, too. Social media agencies will be in charge of account optimisation, affiliate marketing, and community engagement.
Benefits of Digital Marketing Outsourcing
- You can focus on other parts of your business.
Outsourcing your digital marketing needs means you will have a bit of extra time on your hands to focus on core business operations, such as securing funding, building stakeholder relationships, and reinforcing your brand’s overall framework.
The agency you’ll hire will take care of the brunt of the work. They’ll be the ones to run your Google advertising, manage your social media platforms, beef up your content marketing, and optimise your website for SERP rankings.
- It is way cheaper.
With in-house teams, you run the risk of ending up with “bad apples”. Bad hires can actually cost around 73,000 NZD each — a hefty enough sum that should have gone to other expenses instead. Hiring an agency usually just requires you to pay a fixed price (or a flexible one, depending on the agreement), and you gain access to a team of experts who can deliver quality results with faster turnaround times.
Additionally, outsourced digital partners can do extensive projects and apply specialized strategies depending on your business’s need — something that would cost you double the price when you hire in-house.
- You gain access to digital tools and technologies to make your marketing goals a reality.
As a business owner, you may not know or have everything necessary to run a successful digital marketing campaign. Through an outsourced digital marketing team, you become knowledgeable about new software, as well as stay on top of new marketing or social media trends. Furthermore, digital agencies can help you bring out your business’s unique selling proposition and employ creative strategies to set you apart from the competition.
To Shine Online, You’d Need Help.
And in figuring out what a digital marketing agency can do for your business, you get to look at the bigger picture without worrying about falling short in your online marketing efforts. In addition, digital agencies won’t only help you in getting noticed online, but also in building meaningful relationships with your customers.